Retention and Rotation Policies
Control how long Snapshots exist for and rotate out old data.
Control the number of past backups we keep for you
SnapShooter offers a range of retention policies, so you can set how many daily, weekly and monthly snapshots you want to retain. This gives you the ability to keep backups for a lengthy amount of time without having to pay to keep individual backups. For example, you might want to keep the last 12 monthly backups to give you a range of a year without paying for 365 daily snapshots. You are entirely free to keep as many snapshots as you want of each type.
Setup Droplet Auto Discovery and Backup
- Setup your accounts default settings
- Choose the defaults that new servers will automatically use
- Go to the Automation Control panel
- Turn on automation
- (Optional) Ignore servers with a name containing 'dev' - perfect for development environments
- We don't currently automate the setup of volumes